Complete your profile so that colleagues and prospective patients looking for wound care or hyperbaric oxygen therapy services can connect with you through the Specialist Finder. The Specialist Finder is visible to anyone visiting WoundReference (an account is not needed to search for and see specialists). It is a great tool to increase your online presence and increase visibility of your practice or institution on the internet.
You can opt to have your profile visible on the Specialist Finder and whether or not you’d like to receive messages through the Specialist Finder. You can opt to be visible but not receive messages, however in order to receive messages, your profile must be visible (otherwise people cannot find you). If you decide to receive messages, visitors will send you a message through WoundReference, but to protect your privacy they will never have direct access to your email address.
To complete your profile
- In the upper right corner of your screen, click on your initials, then on “Edit [your name]”
- In “Edit Profile”, fill out the form and follow these tips to complete your profile:
- Fill out all the fields. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk *
- In the field “Title”, enter your credentials (e.g., M.D., R.N, D.O., etc)
- In “Image”: upload your photo from your computer or from your mobile. If using your mobile, you can take a picture of yourself and/or upload it from your camera roll.
- "How do I delete an image that was unintentionally uploaded?": To change a profile picture, just click on the button 'Upload Image', select the new image, then click on the green button below 'Save Changes'. The previous picture will be replaced with the new one.
- Set your visibility and opt to receive messages on Specialist Finder:
- Check “Show Profile on Specialist Finder (Directory)” to have your profile displayed in the Specialist Finder. This profile will be visible to everyone visiting the Specialist Finder.
- Fill out optional fields 'Practice Type', 'Practice Focus', 'Primary Specialty', 'State Licensure'. Filling them out will make it easier for your profile to appear in the Specialist Finder search results.
- Select optional boxes:
- Check “Accepting Messages (your email is never shared)” if you would like WoundReference to display a short contact form on your profile, so that prospective patients or colleagues can send you messages. Messages will be forwarded to your email but senders will not have direct access to your email
- Indicate if you would like the Specialist Finder to show that you are 'Accepting New Patients', 'Offering Interprofessional Consultations from Colleagues', 'Offering Telemedicine Consultations'
- Under 'About', write about yourself (e.g. a short bio). This will be visible in your profile
- Click on “Save user” to save information and on “View Profile” to see how it will be displayed to visitors
- If you have Administrator permissions, you’ll see the “Admin only” section (learn more about Administrator permissions here)
To display your Institution’s information on your profile
Only Admin users can set this up.
- In the top navigation bar, click on “Settings”, then on “Account”
- Fill out the form and follow these tips to complete your Institution’s profile:
- Email, phone and address: please enter your Institution’s information, not yours. Your information can be entered in “Edit Profile” as described above.
- Upload your Institution’s logo if desired
- Click “Save”