This support article describes steps on how to set up and/or optimize your formulary on WoundReference. It assumes you are familiar with the benefits and overall institutional process of setting up/optimizing a wound care formulary and how a Formulary user account is related to your Organization on WoundReference
The Formulary feature is available to all levels of membership, including the free Basic membership. Only users with a "Manager" role within an Organization can set up and edit the Formulary. Once the Formulary is set up, all users within the Organization can access it.
1. Setting up a Formulary user account:
Premium Accounts (PRO and PRO+HBO)
- Upon upgrade, we will automatically add an individual account called “Formulary” in your Organization
- To login to your Formulary account for the first time, use: YourOrganizationNamefirstname.lastname@example.org. Password: 12345. You can change the login and password if you’d like
2. Choosing, adding and removing products from your WoundReference Digital Formulary
Before you add products to your WoundReference Formulary
- Make sure you have gone through the steps described on this blog post on the overall process to set up or optimize your Institution’s formulary
Login as the "Formulary User"
- Login as the “Formulary User” (use login and passwords specific to this Formulary User, which are different from those of your own account)
Take a peek at the Formulary User’s Favorites list - you’ll see that it’s empty
- On the top navigation bar, click on “Tools”, then on “Favorites”. Click on the drop down menu with your name on it. If you or other users within your Organization have added products to your own Favorites list, you can view (but not edit) your and others’ lists from here
Decide which products to add to your Formulary using the Product Navigator
- Go to the Product Navigator: on the top navigation bar, click on “Tools” then on “Product Navigator”
- To help you choose: use editors’ picks and interactive feature matrices or click on the product brand pages
- Editors’ picks: click on the product categories or types on the left, then use the sort by “editors’ picks”
- Interactive feature matrices: not available to all products yet. Look for the icon “grid” and click on it
Adding products to your Formulary on WoundReference
- Go to Product Navigator (on the top navigation bar, click on “Tools” then on “Product Navigator”)
- Search or browse products and click on the “heart” icon to add products to the Formulary User’s Favorites List
- As you add products from different categories to the Formulary, products will be automatically listed grouped by product types in your Formulary.
View your Institution’s Formulary:
- On the top navigation bar, click on “Favorites”, then on “Products”
Remove products from your WoundReference Formulary:
- Check the “X” icon to delete a product
After you are done:
Once you have added all products to your Formulary, log out from the Formulary account. Login every time you need to edit the list. All users within your Organization can see the formulary (See Checking your Institution’s Formulary). You can also share your Institution’s Formulary with other Organizations on WoundReference.