- The requesting Facility would like to see what wound care products your Facility typically uses when treating patients with wounds.
- Typically, each facility and agency has its own formulary of wound care products; for instance, the brands used in a hospital may not be the same used in post-acute care
- By learning which products your Facility uses, the requesting Facility will be able to write wound care plans that can be carried out at your Facility smoothly, without interruption of treatment - facilitating continuity of care
Benefits to you
- Share it once. Receive its benefits many times.
- By having the referring Facility utilize products from your Formulary, you minimize the probability of receiving a patient who has been treated with a different product or brand and having to switch it or “special-order” it because your Facility doesn’t carry it.
- Since the requesting Facility will always have access to your Formulary online, at any time, without you having to grant access over and over, time spent on phone and email communications is reduced, freeing up time for patient care and other activities.
How can I set up and share my Formulary?
WoundReference makes it very easy for you to do so. Please refer to this topic to get things started: What are the benefits of setting up or optimizing your wound care formulary with WoundReference?