This article provides guidance for clinicians. For patients, see articles "WoundReference Televisit Tool Overview (for Patients and Invited Participants)", "How to check in for your video visit (for Patients and Invited Participants)"
* TeleVisit Tool 2.0.: For detailed step-by-step instructions for clinicians, please refer to the topic "NEW TeleVisit Tool 2.0 - Instructional Brochures and Videos".
TeleVisit 1.0.: For live televisits (video-chat) without documentation
Recommended if you, the consultant, would like to see and talk to your colleague or patient, and do not need to document the encounter.
- Open the TeleVisit Tool
- To send a link to your private virtual room to your patient or colleague, click on the button above "Email", to send instructions by email, or "SMS" to send them by text message. Enter the recipient's name, email or cell phone number, and televisit appointment date. If desired, you can add custom text at the end of the message. Instructions are sent from a no-reply email/number. These instructions contain a link to your permanent, unique URL (e.g., https://woundreference.com/telehealth?room=your-name-here) and date/time of the appointment
- At the agreed upon time, go to the TeleVisit Tool and click on the button "Click to start video chat". The recipient will follow the link provided by your instructions and will be prompted to start the video chat as well. Once both parties start the video chat, video chat will commence.
- To end the video-chat, click on the red button at the bottom of the video-chat screen.
- Important: For the video chat, if using desktop/laptop, please use Chrome or Safari. If using smartphone or tablet, use latest version of Safari on iPhone or Google Chrome on Android. To maximize image quality, ensure that participants are connected to high speed internet and the device camera is enabled. See topics "Who can use the TeleVisit Tool? Which devices are supported?" and "Test your internet connection before the TeleVisit Tool video call and troubleshoot".
TeleVisit 1.0: For live and/or store and forward televisits with encounter documentation
Recommended if you, the consultant, need to document the encounter for care coordination, medico-legal or billing purposes. (Please make sure to generate a BAA prior to using the Documentation feature)
- Please refer to "TeleVisit Tool Instructional Brochures and Videos" and "Encounter Notes Instructional Brochure" (topics accessible to Free Basic and Premium Plans).
If you have any questions
Please click on the purple "Support" button on the left lower corner and send us a message!