Clinicians with WoundReference premium plans (PRO or PRO+HBO) can use the TeleVisit Tool 2.0 secure messaging feature to send WoundReference patient education materials to patients, caregivers or other healthcare professionals (collectively referred here as "recipients").
Recipients receive a link via text message (SMS) or email that once clicked, takes them to a secure message containing links to the patient education materials you selected.
This article includes the sections below:
- How to submit patient education materials after a televisit
- What if I just want to send patient education materials without setting up a televisit?
How to submit patient education materials after a televisit
- Locate the encounter previously created. Click on 'Notes' on the right side of the row.
- Click on '6. Education'.
- In the first text field, you can enter a personal note if you'd like
- Select education brochures, favorited products and local files to send to patient/requestor via secure messaging:
- On the left column, you can select WoundReference patient education handouts to be sent via secure messaging.
- On the right column, you can attach files from your local computer. For instance, you can create a customized wound dressing change brochure using the WoundReference Dressing Change Brochure Editor, save the brochure as a PDF in your computer, then attach the PDF by clicking on 'Choose Files'.
- On the middle column, you can select the WoundReference product handouts you'd like to send to the recipient. To see product handouts on this middle column, go to Product Navigator and 'favorite' the products whose product handout you'd like to send to the patient (click on the heart icon). Favorited products will appear as options on the middle column.
- Once you are done selecting the patient education materials to be sent to the patient, click on the 'Send' button on the upper right corner.
- Recipient will receive a link via SMS or email. Once recipient clicks on the link, recipient will be prompted to enter their email and a password. Once logged in, recipient will see a message with a link to the patient education materials you sent him/her. Recipient can view the PDF of the patient education materials and print at home if needed.
What if I just want to send patient education materials without setting up a televisit?
- Create an encounter: on the Encounter Dashboard, click on '+Schedule' . Uncheck box 'Invite via SMS / Email'. Enter patient's or requestor's name, and their SMS and/or email. Click on 'Create Encounter'. The patient will not receive an invitation to a televisit, but an encounter note is created.
- Click on 'Notes' on the right side of the row of the encounter you created.
- Click on '6. Education'.
- Follow the steps described above for 'How to submit patient education materials after a televisit'
Before sending patient education materials, make sure the patient's email or SMS number is accurate:
- On tab '1. Encounter Start', locate the patient's name and click on 'view/edit patient'.
- Check if information in fields 'Mobile (SMS)', 'Email' is correct.
- Check if 'Contact' preference is set to email, SMS or both.
- If the patient has a clinician who is facilitating the televisit (i.e., requestor), there is no need to have an SMS number or email for the patient, but make sure the requestor's email and/or SMS number are accurate by clicking on 'view/edit requestor'.